RSS

Workshop - FRM @ ukm

A few weeks ago got a call from my lecturer in ukm, he wanted me to give a talk to the final year students during the Financial Risk Management (FRM) workshop held, conducted by the faculty. This is the first workshop for actuarial science students, more like a trial to see if it can help prepare these students for the working life.

Back to giving the talk, I have never given a talk before, I made that clear..but he said "There's always the first time", so I said ok, I will submit my outline of what I can talk about, and then we'll take form there. He was happy with the outline given, and I was to proceed...(this was suppose to be on 15th Aug). Then I got another email from my lecturer asking me to gather some of my coursemates to share their working experience with the students, that was in two weeks time (from the time he sent the email), I managed to get only 2 of them...the rest was busy working, or getting engaged or getting married...

The thing was..there was a miscommunication here...I thought it was two separate session, one the talk, the other the sharing experiece, so when we showed up for the sharing exprience, I wasn't prepared to give a talk, since it was suppose to be in a weeks time...but my lecturer said it was the same day...so I gave my unprepared talk...didn't think I could actually talk for 20 minutes even, but I ended up talking for 40 minutes, including taking questions...and when I didn't know what else to say, I introduced my xcoursemates, Azah and Dora...their took over the floor for the next 20minutes! Azah said she wasn't gonna do any talking..hah yeah rite...


Jabatan Matematik...


Dora & Azah...


Dora..duq belek her SLR..Azah checking out notices..


Dr.Zaidi making an intro...& the unprepared speaker!


Azah checking out Dora's SLR, & Dora taking questions at the end of the session



The students were eager to know a lot of things related to the working world, they even met us separately after the session was over and continued asking questions...It was a good effort taken by the actuarial department...we didn't have this kind of exposure when we were in Uni...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

lucky said...

had fun!!! ada lagi gmbar2 kat aku nnt aku bg

shazzain said...

fun eh...lengkali bleh pg lagi...ok..nak gambar tau!