RSS

Reunion: BBGS@Pavillion

4th Aug 09: The reunion was a blast! Beautiful deco, posts / banner, photo shoot booth, the souvenirs it was all nice. BBGS-ians from all ages were there, and they looked glamorous n fabulous too! I was told that many flew in from overseas just to be at the reunion, I’m so proud of them, here in KL, many were around and didn’t bother to attend while others took the effort to be part of this. I salute you girls for coming all the way, that’s the BBGS spirit. It was great getting to meet the teachers, that is what I enjoyed most, and it’s nice to be remembered

Profile pics of us at the posters...



Zahira (my sis), won the lucky draw, she got a printer. None of us from batch98 got anything! normally elaine is the lucky one...hahah I guess our batch is not that lucky after all! Helmi got us each a flower at the end, so sweet!


The teachers that we met:


Pn.Jagdip – she was my teacher in standard 5 I think, teaching English, she always scolded me for being naughty and she remembers me as that only! Hahahah. I remember meeting her again in SBU, and she remembered my name then…
Ms.Jeyanthi – She was my science teacher in form 2. She was telling us how she missed BBGS, how things are not the same anymore. She says we are independent, we didn’t need to be chased after to get work done be it social events or homework! Also, she said all they did was threatened us to get things done, and it was done! We were a good bunch…
Pn.Wahiddah – Class teacher form 1U & 2U (year 94 & 95), she remembers us too. And she’s still small and we have grown taller than her now (she said this!) hahah
Mrs.Lyla Roberts - My english teacher in form 4 & 5(sc1) - 97 & 98. She did something really nice for me back in form 4, you see, for the Choral Speaking at Hilton (explained below), we had to wear this peach baju kurungs with kain batik and there wasn't any with my size, she went to get the same peach material and got it tailored to my size, I actually told her it's ok, I didn't want to join, but she insisted and went out the extra mile anyway...so yeah for that I'm grateful.
Pn.Azawiyah – didn’t really teach me, but she remembers me 
And of course, Mrs Yap (the legend according to Hasliza), although she wasn’t the HM during our time, but we remember her from primary school days and just had to take a pic with her. There was Ms Chia, Mrs Jill and some others which we didn’t manage to take pics with.

Also Ras Adiba & Sasha Elite was there, Hasliza wanted to take pictures, so we all did! But Azita did the talking, since we were all “shy shy cat!”

Most of all, I miss the choral speaking. I remember one historical event that I am so honored to be a part of. We once did a presentation for the Director General of Education in 1997. The poem was all about him as he was retiring, but the guests really enjoyed it. That dinner took place at the old KL Hilton at Jalan Sultan Ismail. It was great being a part of it! Also, our class won that year for interclass competition – the judge was actually at the dinner at KL Hilton (I think there was some biased-ness since we didn’t think it was that good compared to 4sc2, which did better that year, but it’s ok, they won the next year, kan Azita..ur class!)

Ok back to the reunion, there was choral speaking, choir -singing the centenary song & school song. I loved the sing along part! Our batch98 that made it for the Gala Dinner was Azita, Eliana, Hasliza, Najua, Kartina, Audrey, Ee Von, Jin May, Ai May, Peay Ying, Farrah Shamilla all in about 15 of us. Myra had purchased her ticket but she couldn’t make it, she had “something” of the eyes, which was red and scary (according to her). Ok Myra, I know you are sad, don’t cry, I got you some souvenirs.


Some of the batch98 members doing the "look away" pose...



More pictures of this great event, click
here

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

knitfreak-to-be said...

hehehe...suke..!!! ;) and yup, we were very sour grape mase 4 Sc 1 menang. I think ntah sape ntah in our class called Sc1 Smelly Class (time tu lagu Pheobe-Smelly Cat) was a hit.

nak copy all the pics, ofc block FB xleh tgk yang lain :p

shazzain said...

Yeah..I remember u ppl being such a sour grape! hahahah but at least we did think that Sc2 should have won la..semua pun tak expect menang masa tu...lawak tul!

Joanna Yeoh said...

Would you like to share your BBGS memories on the Back2BBGS blog? We need more stories from girls in the 90s. Look forward to hearing from you at joannayeoh@gmail.com

Cheers, Joanna

░♥si lampu neon♥░ said...

OMG I miss those teachers! Are they still teaching?? miss BBGS so much@!

shazzain said...

yeah..most of them still are, some in different schools and holding high post...

I miss it too! =)