RSS

For "the One"...

Since I liked the letter "Coretan Untuk Bakal Suamiku" on Azita's blog (which is in Malay), I decided to translate it to english...hmm feel free to correct where ever necessary, It's a very meaningful letter which I can relate to...:)

hmm...is this considered as a fairy tale too? I just love fairy tales, but they never happen in real life...sigh..

"Assalamualaikum wrt. wbt.

To you, my Future Husband...

I have started writing what is in my heart. I am still wondering whether am I suppose to start looking for the part of me that is missing. My wishes are not based on lust but a desire of a muslimah to find part of her religion. There have been many occasions where I hear the saying “You are made for me / you are the one for me”.

At first I didn’t understand what this meant since its words expressed by those who are ignorant. The blessings and light from Allah have made me finally understand that one day; I will have to fulfill an obligation that has been created just for me, that is you. I am therefore getting myself ready physically, spiritually and intellectually to meet you.

I want our first meeting to look ‘perfect’ in your eyes; even though the fact is that there is imperfectness within myself. I will try to learn and understand the meaning of responsibility that I have to take on while Allah arranges my meeting with you. I try to refrain talking to other men except for work related matters as I am afraid that I may open up and tell them secrets of myself that only you should know since you are part of me and it is only your right to know everything about me, be it the outer or inner side of me.

I worry what I do is not entirely for Allah but for his people. I need you to shield me from this. I worry my prayers are not sincere that may lead me to the hellfire leaving you alone in the heavens. I feel guilty that I may give the love that is rightfully yours to another. I am having difficulty finding you since you are like a diamond in the many glass pieces that shine. But I am sure that your name has been written for me at the heavens, therefore the love will always be in us, with the help of Allah. My duty is not to look for you but to make myself a better person. It’s not easy to find the ‘soleh’ you when my ‘solehah’ is not as good as you. Allah’s promise I will hold in the mission to finding you. “A good man is for a good woman”.

The teenage mind of mine is out looking for love. The maturity hits in and the need for a man beside me is felt. Every time I feel it, I will think of you. There you are waiting for me, but here, I am betraying you if I keep playing with worldly love. Pray for me such that I can defend myself from getting off the track while I pray for my protection at all times.

It’s not your wealth, looks and lineage that I seek in you; it’s enough that our religion binds our love together. As per our prophet’s (pbuh) advice, at the point where you ask for my hand, I will look at you, once, enough to form the compatibleness within us. There is no need to be as rich as Prophet Sulaiman, as handsome as Prophet Yusuf, it’s just enough that your beliefs is as strong as a root, your deeds as our food and your morals as beautiful as value.

“Marry your wife for four things; lineage, wealth, looks and religion. And if you choose religion, you will not regret”. If we meet, I will take good care of this love such that it would not be given before time. I will make syara’ as a fence to us. Make the marriage vow as a “halal” stamp for you to have me. Let us follow the footsteps of our ancestors, Prophet Adam and Siti Hawa who got married before being together so that we could enjoy the marriage bond that promises peace of mind, happiness and inner blessings. Pray that I don’t give up and get lost in my mission to find you because I need you to complete part of my religion.

Yours truly, your Future Wife…."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

~~ casper~~ said...

nk bg kat sape dh tau ka belum?

shazzain said...

belum tau lagi lar..