RSS

07 Jun 08: The Reception

Been too busy to update on my trip to India..well..the next day after the akad nikah, we went to Dakshin Chitra, I will post more in the following post..anyway..we were really tired by evening, as the wheather was really HOT plus the journey was an hour plus...the reception was that night..we (the cousins) were really tired..

The reception was held at the Taj, started around 7.30pm where the bride and groom comes in and sit on a "pelamin" --> a decorated stage and sofa kinda setting, and guest goes up one by one to wish them (not like our merenjis where its all VIPs only), then there was the photography session and then buffet dinner outside the hall..

--> the pictures, my sis Natasha & my Mum wore saree...I didn't.. :)



Here's the bride and groom...with the "pelamin"...I don't know what they call it there...


The buffet was pretty wierd though, unlike us, they don't have tables or chairs to sit, the guest stands around, eat, talk....but the thing is, the food was like really great, it was pretty hard to enjoy it if you had to stand and eat...anyway the cousins and I spotted a garden area where there was a high enough brick area to sit on, and we enjoyed our lovely food and dessert...yummy... (I should have taken pictures of the food...totally forgot! I just enjoyed it!)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

put said...

and why didnt u wear saree shaz??!!

shazzain said...

hehehe...bcoz i wud look horrible & i wud be like rimas giler!