RSS

Psychometric profiling @ Work...

I took this Psychometric profiling - Personal Profile Systems (DiSC). This is what I am at work [read WORK only ok]; I think it’s kinda true… And guess what I am a D & C which makes me fall under a “Creative” in the Classical Profile Patterns.

My “D” was at the highest scale i.e. at 7, what is D you might ask...its “Dominance” --> This person emphasizes on shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.

This person’s tendencies include:
-Getting immediate results [yes!!]
-Causing action [depends on the work too]
-Accepting challenges [yeahhhh]
-Making quick decisions [true!]
-Questioning the status quo [yupp]
-Taking authority [only when necessary…]
-Managing trouble [only when there’s no one else to do it..hehe]
-Solving problems [this I do]

This person drives in an environment that includes:
-Power and authority
-Prestige and challenge [true true true]
-Opportunities for individual accomplishments [exactly!]
-A wide scope of operations
-Direct answers [yeah don’t beat around the bush, I don’t have time for it!]
-Opportunities for advancement [of course!]
-Freedom from control and supervision [definitely, like I so don’t need it!]
-Many new and varied activities [the more the merrier!]

This person needs other’s who:
-Weigh pro’s and con’s
-Calculate risks [like I don’t do enough? Hmm]
-Use caution
-Create a predictable environment
-Research facts
-Deliberate before deciding
-Recognize the needs of others

To be more efficient this person needs:
-To receive difficult assignments [yup..I need challenge!]
-To understand that they need people
-To base techniques on practical experience [of course!]
-To receive and occasional shock
-To identify with a group
-To verbalize reasons for conclusions [this is true – learning from my previous bosses, everything has to be clear and documented!]
-To be aware of existing sanctions
-To pace self and relax more. [I thought I relax a lot? but good to know! =)]

Well the "C" stands for “Conscientiousness” -->Emphasis is on working conscientiously within existing circumstances to ensure quality and accuracy. No need to elaborate on this, it was a 5 on the scale of 1 to 7.

My “I - Influence” & “S - Steadiness” was the lowest...Which was kinda expected since I don’t do much talking / chatting / mingling around the office.

As for the creative pattern (the mix of D & C)
Emotions: accepts aggressions; restrains expression
Goal: dominance, unique accomplishments
Judges others by: personal standards; progressive ideas for accomplishing tasks
Influences others by: ability to pace development of systems and innovative approaches
Value to the organization: initiates or designs changes
Overuses: bluntness; critical or condescending attitude
Under pressure: becomes bored with routine work; sulks when restrained; acts independently
Fears: lack of influence; failure to achieve their standards
Would increase effectiveness through: warmth; tactful communication; effective team cooperation; recognition of existing sanctions.

This results can change each time you take the test, but for me, at the moment, it describes me almost perfectly! Well those who knows me well enough, you'd know which trait fits me well...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: