RSS

It is what it is...

It is what it is, I refused one offer and therefore not get to climb the ladder this round. I rocked the boat...and I really hope to be happy at the next destination. Some may say that I refused a good offer, but the offer is already useless to me if it doesn't excite me anymore, what's the point of heading a team if you can't motivate your teammates? I think it would turnout really bad.

I owe it to myself to learn new things, be it different areas, products, systems etc. I felt bad letting her down as she had plans to groom me (so she says after I put in my request), but how do you do the same thing day in and day out, already feeling bored for the past few months? I am at the age that I can still afford to be bored and change my career directions as I wish. So I really hope I made the right choice, if I didn't, I pray that Allah open's another path for me, what ever is best, I am open for it right now…

I guess I'd rather enjoy myself rather than think that power is everything; it is definitely not at this juncture of my career. I was advised (by some friends – with experience) to stay away from power as long as I can, enjoy the work as it is, only accept it when I am really ready or I am forced to be ready. As the saying goes, "With power comes responsibilities" – responsibilities that I don't need at this point in time.

The reason I am putting this down is so that the next time I think that I actually regret this decision, I can come back here and refresh myself to why I did what I did.

But seriously...9 to 12 months transition?? 1 year? I'm stuck at the moment....I feel its unfair and I hate her for it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

knitfreak-to-be said...

time to take some serious diving lesson!!