RSS

the workshop @ UKM 22-05-08

Attended a workshop at UKM yesterday, "Actuarial Modelling and Risk Management Studies", it was also a ceremony of Exchanging Letter of Intent between Faculty of Science and Technology, UKM and Watson Wyatt-UConn Actuarial Center.

It was and educational experience for me (being an Actuarial Science graduate) as I have not worked in an Insurance firm or Actuarial dept to be more spesific since I graduated, this workshop actually showed me what Actuaries do and the importance of Risk Management in the insurance field, of course I knew about Risk Management but I also learned the different approaches, in terms of modelling of asset and liabilities (on a broder scale) between the insurance and banking industry. I'm glad I got the invite from UKM and was allowed to attend it by my company, at least I didn't have to take leave :)

Also got to meet up with my coursemates, Tian Poh, Eng Soon, Kok Keong & Yit Wei. Haven't met them since we graduated though we do keep in touch through forwarded emails and during festive occasions.

ohh, and I helped Lyack invite the lecturers to her wedding, so I was going around passing the wedding cards (as if I was the one getting married...hahah). My lecturers were like "alhamdullillah", "Congratulations"...etc, for a few seconds until I went like "Not mine!" heheh, then comes the next question "awak bila" or "bila lagi"...as usual lah...

I missed UKM & the days we were there...5 years has passed since, but the place still looks the same...classic look...

Lastly, I would like to shout out a very Happy Birthday to Mira (22 May 08) all the way at Manchester,UK... Hope you had a great day! (although I don't think she will be reading this! :))

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: