RSS

Bad experience at the Immigration


I had written this on Friday to post, but never got around to doing it, here's me letting off some steam..

There goes my day yesterday. Seem like Malaysia has quite a cleaning up to be done. Why drag a process, when it can be done in a faster manner to save my time and also the department time. Wasting my time and all the resources for half cooked job….

Here I go on to tell you why I’m so pissed…. It not once but twice…. yup twice

On 17 May 2018, my husband and me visited the immigration office… if you are wondering why, my husband is a Singaporean and he wanted to renew his Visa… Does that sound difficult? I don’t think so…. We submitted the spouse visa extension, when we were at the counter, the officer told us that my husband can get 2 years, since he has already completed his first year visa. Great news right, save the hassle to visit in a year time….

As we were thinking wow, that a great news, guess What???

 After waiting from 10am to 3pm including waiting time to submit documents, payment and collections, that about 5 hours, yup 5 hours … no joke, right????
With all the waiting they only gave us a 1-year extension. Really, yes only 1 year … have to go through this hell again in 12 months….

On the interesting part, and when asked why, they said its up to the officer.
Yup the Officer, I guess he did not like our looks…. Yup what the heck right??
Where is their SOP or process? You say one thing and do another? Don’t they have a process to follow? For what reason did the officer reduce the visa term? Why were we not informed? You mean you can do what you like after telling us one thing?

And yes all the bad words start blurting out but no loudly @@##@@@###.... You know why, because we are civilised enough not make a scene…. Plus we were fasting, it was the first day of Ramadhan...

To add oil to the fire…...Is the next encounter is from my mum’s visit to immigration today 18 May 2018.
Let me tell you here, my mum is senior citizen… so what runs in our mind the office will have brains not to keep these old folks waiting right… Prihatin….

My mum to renew the visa. extension for my grandmother who is 90 years plus. Yup she is 90 years old…. You might wonder why bother to renew the visa…. but my mum being an obliged citizen, wanted to do her part….
And yes, my Grandmother has been in and out of Malaysia for long donkey years, they should just allow a few years extension at one go, not make her renew it every 6 months!

Obviously, we can’t be bring my grandmother (she is bed ridden) to the immigration to renew it therefore my mum went there with my sister, which I think is the common sense right….

after waiting for 3 HOURS, during submission process, they tell her to bring my grandmother. Seriously bring my 90-year-old grandmother who cannot walk...Again when I thought of this guess what how @@### pissed I was….

Don’t they have any empathy? What is a 90-year-old granny going to do if you extend her visa??! If you really need to check on her, send an officer over, not be so disgustingly inconsiderate, my mother is a senior citizen, at 70 years old has gone to renew her mother’s visa in order to take care of her. Can’t you people use some common sense?

Well that quite interesting right??? Where are we heading to ??? Not respect at least a sense of logical thinking in this matter would have played a part…. Who to blame????

Another thing, since the waiting period is so long, can’t they at least make it comfortable by providing chairs with cushion to sit and not that low steel bench which is about to break anytime?

I am furious since I had to sit on it for 5 hours, there are no proper system in place, at least when you give us a number tell us what time you will see us, not just ask us to wait.

Look at how Singapore does it, we are given a time, they have that much respect for people’s time, here we are at their mercy like we are some kind of criminals. It’s really disgusting how they treat people.

This are people going to the office as a good citizen…. Sometimes I wonder is it worth to be so obliging and obedient to the law… When we get treated so badly……

At least I’m young, the joke of the year is they wanted a 90-year-old lady who is bed ridden to come to the office…. This act really supersedes all act of intelligence …. Bravo to a friendly and considerate Malaysia

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Kathy's chronicles said...

My mother, has a file as thick as....since 1974, The officers didnt refer to her file. The front junior staff had no idea how to handle the application as I was given a non senior citizen counter! as most probably being a Friday morning & nearing 11.30, the senior citizen s counter was closed.
The staff comsulted her colleagues who said' I wont sign if I were you' Then they asked for photos of my Mum which I produced immediately, then later after another round of consultation ,they wanted a doctor's letter. I explained that my mother is not admitted, only bedridden due to fracture of hip & Arthritis both knee in spite of surgery to right knees & hip; and that both my husband & I are doctors. Even a 'Life certificate' taken for Mum s pension, just last week, stamped by Notary public was also shown. No way! My name is.....complain if u wish! was the retort.
I appealed as my mothers visa was expiring next day, that is today.
I told them I had been renewing the visa 6 monthly presenting my blue IC, past 4 years or more, and that only in last November , I had to bring my mother with great difficulty to the Enforcement section as then it was my fault for late renewal (as I was busy with my daughter s wedding), & noted wrongly the visa expiry date.

I had always appreciated both the service & the staff, very polite & efficient service,till my prior visit, which was even worse.

Four officers in consultation decided that I needed to go back home (to Ampang)and bring the following documents to prove ' my mother is my mother', which I did. This time I was at the senior citizen s counter. The 4 documents were:
>Passport
>Marriage certificate
>Citizenship
>Work permit!!! When I had come to Malaysia in 1973, worked as a government employee, possess blue IC & Malaysian passport. Fortunately I had my 1973 Work Permit!
How can a Malaysian citizen, a professional, & 70 years old be treated inconsiderately, I fail to understand!
I went home & returned with all the above mentioned documents.
None of them had my Mother's name!!!
Without even looking at the documents, the application was processed!!!