RSS

...a.l.i.v.e....

I'm at India...currently attending my mum's high-school reunion..."Sacred Heart Yercaud" & "Monfort Old Boys" Reunion..It has been great the past few days, and its coming to and end, we will be leaving for Chennai tomorrow...(cousins i.e. Muna & Asif take note!)

I'm just glad to be alive...after what happened last night...

It started out a very cheerful night with us attending the Grand Ball of the SHY & MOB reunion 2010 here at Yercaud...there were the usual welcome speech, dinner & dances, thank you speech, desserts (rasmalai & ice-cream)!...we all had fun...I was dancing too..after much persuasion...must have made a fool of myself..ohh well..we had fun..

at 12 midnite we wanted taking the bus back from Grand Palace to Sheveroys Hotel, the bus was nicely parked at the lobby area..we all got on to it, as I was getting on, a girl came and asked me to hold the bus while she went back to the hall to get her friends, so me having the responsibility to hold the bus was extremely alert...

You see..the bus started moving (very slowly), inspite of me informing to organizer and driver to wait...so I got off my seat immediately told to organizer to hold it, I turned at look at the drivers seat only to see that there wasn't anyone at the wheel!! (tamil / hindi drama huh? not so much time...it was real!)

I panicked, we were right in front and the only ones who knew what was going on... my mum & I screamed that there was no driver to the organizer and to alert the passengers.. (while I was contemplating / thinking whether I should just jump into the driver seat and stop the bus myself - but I knew I didn't know how to operate it plus I couldn't fit in that small area!..thank God Chuksu (Leslie Fonceca) the organizer jumped into the moving bus that was headed down hill (yes real hero! God sent - he knew how to operate buses)... as it was gaining momentum, he dived to the drivers seat, managed to get hold of the steering wheel and maneuvered the coach (bus) away from the direction it was headed and the parked cars alongside as we crashed on to the wall / hedge near the pin bend...the bus would have gone downhill if it weren't for his fast action...I thank god..there were 7 of us on the bus and I can't imagine what could happen if he didn't stop in on time..we would have toppled over with the bus downhill...and ... maybe survived with horrible injuries...

The bus was at the end of the broken concrete hedge, tilted to the right, with the 2 right tyres hanging out of the hedge, we got off immediately, but my aunt got hit at the knee, she couldn't move, she was in pain, but thank god no fracture, she could get up and walk out. She's fine now, walking around..but off course enduring the pain..(no worries Noria, your mum is fine. needless to say, all the passengers were shaken but we were fine too..Syukur Alhamdulillah...

The Survivors (lucky 7)...[updated]



The Survivors (only 5 here) with our Hero...[updated]



I'm still shaken, but I kinda feel a lot better after writing it out here...well, I will never get onto a bus with no driver at the wheel anymore! got to go now...pray for our safety...salamz..

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

aisyah said...

OMG! shaz. u ok? gile la drama beb!

knitfreak-to-be said...

memang drama tamil..hehehe... kalo hindi dah ade golek ngan nyanyi lagu sume siap..hehehe..
sorry aku tergelak pulak..sian ko kan, mesti trauma naik bas lepas ni ;p take care!!

shazzain said...

Aisyah..yeah I'm ok now..was shaken earlier..

Azita..mmg trauma beb..naik bas lepas nie kena make sure driver is at the seat!

Anonymous said...

sebaik ko ok shaz...alhamdulillah...Bai

lucky said...

omg!!!!!!!!!!!1 aku baru tau kisah nih.. gileeeee grama!!!! mane pergi bus driver tu ???

shazzain said...

I have no idea..but he tried jumping in as the bus was moving n crashed..so dia but shaken gak la..dgr2 masuk hospital..

I was telling mich semalam abt it..