RSS

young or old?

Well…I was in a meeting today and still in the process of getting to know people, and the SVP, EY asked me my age, and I told him, he said “but you do look a lot younger” and the other VP, PL said “yes, that’s true, I thought you were younger”. I just smiled :)

So I’m the only one feeling like I’m old while others that look at me actually think I’m younger…cool huh..maybe it’s because I’m wearing braces! But whatever, it made my day…

Back to feeling old, I’m 28 (and never been kissed..like that movie u know :))or been in any relationships, it gets me thinking, will I ever get married? Like...most of my friends are married with two kids max or at least one…do I wanna get married? Yes to Mr. Right, do I want kids? Yes of course, I have not met "the person" yet, and sometimes it makes me sad when people who see me or some of my friends and instantly make comments like we are so choosy (memilih) when they get to know that we are single. What can we do if there's no eligible ones that approach us? haih...stop judging us...why don't you help us instead...? (Although it's pretty scary to us, but it's better than just doing nothing and judging us and our lifestyle)

But it’s not like I don’t go dating, actually I have been on several blind dates, hmm 6 to be exact, every year 1 since I started working, but none of them even made it to becoming friends with me after meeting me, I keep blaming my appearance for that…some people say it might not be it, it could be my body language, my level of education or maybe I am just not ready to be friends with anyone! (isn’t that like sombong? nope that’s not it).
What am I to do if they don’t call me after the meet up or if they pretend not to know me, it’s very de-motivating, it really does hurt.

Recently I was told to respect people’s choices and eat more crabs…now what’s with the crabs? Raja & Noria changes our perspective on the dating game, well I hope it works though (even though I'm almost giving up in the dating game)...Another story for another day perhaps?

xoxo!! good night

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

lucky said...

don't go searching for love.. it will come when its least expected.. and it will be beautiful and more meaningful that way :)

knitfreak-to-be said...

yaha...like it comes when we are 50, by that time all our ovum is all wasted--> fact OK.
The thing is we are on the same boat, some just live life to the fullest.
Allah knows best and in the end, do unto to others as you would have them do unto you, same goes to love.
We must love ourself and the fact that Allah loves us, he is keeping is for something (someone) greater.
Its part of his Masterplan which is a big mystery to us.

~~ casper~~ said...

Dear, dont u ever give up!!! (ceh, aku tahu ko kata camtu dlm hati...hahahaha..what else can we say?)

knitfreak-to-be said...

miss libra ni su ek? nape tuka name lak? jadi mysterious gitu..

shazzain said...

Dora,
Thanks for the thought...I always thought of it that way all this while...but then nothing ever happens

Azita..yup..true..& yes that's her

Ms Libra...mmg "CeH" pun..hahah

Norbaizura said...

hem....aku setuju ngn ko shaz...hehe, apo lagi nak buat, sabar je lah...n one more thing....jgn lupe doa....baru2 ni aku dgr ade ustad tu ckp....kite selalu pandang rendah dgn fadilat doa...padahal doa tulah yg plg kuat sekali....so kite jgn putus asa berdoa...n jgn sesekali kate, aku dah penat berdoa, tp takde pape pon lg....hemmm....tazkirah for today...huhu...

shazzain said...

ok..thank you Bai for the reminder! :)