RSS

Managing Expectations


It's 2018! I haven't blogged since 2011...gosh time flies!

Okay so now I am back because I am required to write this blog by my Prof, as an assignment to brand myself in this DBA course "Digital Marketing". So now you guys will be seeing me post at least once a week coz that is the expectation and requirements to this course for this semester. 

Well, now that I have grown up and gotten married, oh yes I finally got married end of 2016...well didn't really expect that to happen to me but it did 😁, I kinda have to manage expectations of people around me. I can't really be that single happy go lucky person I think I was before. 

As I am writing, the Prof just told us that the minimum words to write today is 300 words, and yes I am in class right now and am still wondering what to write on this topic of managing expectation. So back to being married, I used to have this life of staying at office until late doing work (yeah a boring life) before being married but now that I have a husband that has slightly changed because he expects me to be home when he is. Luckily a lot has changed in the office arena since 2011, I now have 2 staff and a great boss since 2014, and I have learned the art of delegating and teaching my staff all that I know. This has allowed me to move on to doing other things in the Risk area of the Bank. I have to say my learning curve has increased since and I am happy where I am although people do tell me being 9 years in a same company is not really good. Oh well I am happy and I think the grass is not greener in the other side, I have heard enough stories on that and if I am learning and contributing at my current position, why move yet?

Anyway…reached my required words for the day, it’s difficult to write! see you next week.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: